OH&S Certifications & Designations
OH&S professional designations can be challenging to navigate when investigating a career in Safety. Depending on your country, province/state, employer and industry, there may be mandatory educational requirements or training qualifications needed.
The CSSE (Canadian Society of Safety Engineering) has put together a fantastic PDF resource covering topics such as:
- OH&S Practitioner VS OHS Professional
- Safety Certifications VS Safety Designations
- Canadian Safety Certifications & International Safety Certifications
- Common position titles for entry-level, intermediate, managerial and executive safety professionals
- FAQ’s and other considerations
Bear in mind that different levels of education are only available from specific institutes. With Covid-19 impacting face-to-face instruction, you may consider online options. As an example, the University of Fredericton offers many different programs.
There could also be safety training pre-requisites needed depending on the designation.
Occupational health & safety courses for professional designations, development and careers.Safety training for your industry. View Courses